Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 2: Family roots

This week we started our family roots projects. I asked my grandmas both on my dad's side and my mom's side about when our families came to America and why. I found what both of them said was very similar. They said that although they came to America with almost nothing, they worked hard, and soon were in a better life. Both sides came around the same time period (the late 1800s). I think this is because they all were from the same area, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and that was a hard economic time for that area. The United States was just beginning to become known as a melting pot with better opportunities. They all came to the same conclusion that they needed to come here to survive the next few generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment